Friday, April 15, 2011

Its always good to get emails from fans of your work

Its always flattering when some one buys a print from my site and I think, thats seriously cool, they must be a like minded person, reasonable and interested in having a piece of my art. Rad!!!

Here's a great email conversation for you:

--- On Thu, 4/14/11, Jake Williams wrote:

From: Jake Williams
Subject: Plague Doctors order
To: funeralfrench@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, April 14, 2011, 4:31 PM

I ordered the Plague Doctors print from you on March 22. I have yet to hear anything regarding this order. Has it been shipped? If I don't hear from you in 24 hours, I'll assume that you're bullshit and begin the dispute process through Paypal.

--
Jake Williams


On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 2:08 AM, "French" (Richard Sayer) wrote:
Hey Jake,

I mailed your item on the 27th March, as I do all the mail on mondays. It's gone to this address:
xxxx
xxxxx
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
United States

It can take 2 weeks or more sometimes to get to an address as far away as you in the states. Maybe chill, relax, have a cuppa and put your feet up. If it doesn't come in the next 7 days, drop me and an email and we can work out what you wanna do.

Cheers for the rude email.

french





From: Jake Williams

I guess you're new to how things work on the internet. Let me inform you. When a buyer purchases an item from a seller, the seller provides confirmation that the item has been shipped. The buyer doesn't need to request this because it is assumed. Clearly you're unaware of this because you are new to the internet. That's fine. Hopefully you'll learn. Allow me to continue. The buyer always sends the item with some sort of tracking. This practice has two benefits: 1) The buyer can track where the package is, and 2) The seller has proof that the package has been delivered. You see, if you don't send it with tracking, as I'm assuming you didn't, what is stop me from receiving the package and then claiming I never received it?

A PayPal dispute has been opened. Check your PayPal account.



I couldn't be arse with this nobhead, so I refunded him. I hope he gets the print soon and every time he looks at it he can realise he's a massive twat.

14 Comments:

Anonymous john jansen said...

What a fucking loser!

Hey French, I ordered the plaguedocters as well, and everytime I look at it I think it is one of the most amazing prints I own. (and from now on I remember the emails from that piece of trash up here)

Thanks for this great print and please keep me informed about future prints..

john

(please give me your address so that I can send you the Zeitgeists Magazines. :) )

5:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

guys a cunt geez some free shit please?

5:47 AM  
Blogger chas one said...

Did he pay for tracked shipping instead of standard rate? If not, and I bet he didn't because he sounds like a right pikey, he's not got a leg to stand on. Dickhead.

6:32 AM  
Blogger zach hazard vaupen said...

what a fucking dildo. sorry that artists who sell their work online don't have time to behave like amazon.com.

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Paul said...

Massive condescending cock doctor. Some people can be so lame.

8:02 AM  
Blogger tour dick said...

give me his address. i want to send him some shite - actual shite.

3:03 PM  
Blogger DAVE THE CHIMP said...

yeah, I'd like to post him an envelope full of razor blades

don't these people realise that sending out prints that they've paid pennies for is almost more work than it's worth? I waste so much time packaging shit up and going to the post office that often I just don't bother, and tell people that I'm too busy to sell them stuff!
It's worse here in Germany as they charge extra if you send stuff in a tube (so I have to build square tubes) and I have to write an invoice for every sale and I'm supposed to fill out export forms. balls.

So I apologise to every potential customer that I've refused to do business with, but sometimes I've got to spend time drawing or skating and NOT at the damn post office!!!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Kevin said...

Oh, man. All you have to do now is keep him on your mailing list - every time he unsubscribes, just add him back in.

11:42 PM  
Anonymous Tyrel said...

What a turd. I live in the US and make domestic and international orders through PayPal fairly frequently. I also sell through PayPal domestically and internationally. There is Not a universal practice for sellers and merchants to drop everything and contact the buyer with tracking. Nor is there a requirement to do so. The only requirement is for the seller to ship the goods to the buyer. Thats it. And tracking on international items? I've rarely have that happen. No need to get undone about it, or make an ass out of yourself by accusing people of being full of shit. Just carry on with your life and when it arrives, open it up and be stoked. I hope that trashy douche-bag tries to redeem himself and pay for the print when he gets it. But he probably doesn't realize how disgustingly wrong he is.

3:15 PM  
Blogger Murdoch said...

dont be a pussy!!
the customer is always right

11:07 PM  
Blogger SarahLarnach said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Dilek Baykara said...

fuck that guy. He should treat you with respect if he really valued your work.. such bizarre behavior coming from someone who ordered a print from an artist.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Peter said...

fuck. What a wanker

2:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fooking bellend

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home