Monday, May 17, 2010

......you'd be as sad me mate.



I read this on the Guardian site:

The heavy metal singer, Ronnie James Dio, has died at the age of 67. He had been suffering from stomach cancer.

Dio was best known for fronting Black Sabbath after the departure of Ozzy Osbourne, but he was also involved in the bands Elf, Rainbow, Heaven & Hell and Dio during a career stretching over 53 years.

His death this morning was announced by his wife and manager, Wendy, on his official website. She said: "Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7.45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all.

Gutted.....



I remember brother rock and I getting "Heaven and Hell" and saying it wasn't gonna be as good as Ozzy. I've always thought, its just different.... but I've always loved that album, "Mob Rules" is sick and "Dehumanizer" is in my top 5 ever records. All the Dio albums are rad. Pete Dale and I used to get hammered and listen to "Rainbow Rising". I wish I could talk to my friend Pete about this right now.

Gonna listen to allot of Dio this week....

2 Comments:

Blogger Sonny said...

sad...

3:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and Frazetta a week ago, dragons and kings will miss them
J

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home